Learning new languages and new cultures, for absolute and false beginners: French for native speakers of Turkish.
Authors: H.Gümüş & F.Şavlı (Marmara Üniversitesi Atatürk Eğitime İstanbul, TR), Y. Türkan Yücelsin (Fransızca Öğretmenleri Derneği’inden, TR), A. Gelan & W. Clijsters (Hasselt University, BE)
Part of the series [email protected] for beginners (coordination: A. Gelan, W. Clijsters, (Hasselt University, BE)
"French for beginners TR-FR (CEF-A1+A2)" is a downloadable e-learning module for, PC (Windows, Internet Explorer), also suitable for complete self-study or semi-autonomous learning (i.e. with support).
In this e-learning module, you will learn how to communicate in day-to-day French at level A1 and A2 (absolute beginner and false beginner) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Along with the language, you will learn how the French and Walloons live and communicate and how you yourself can easily make contacts in France or Wallonia.
A systematic structure by theme and a well thought-through didactic progression ensure that you will quickly be able to make yourself understood in French.
Thanks to the many exercises with authentic audio clips in a natural speaking rhythm, you will be able to understand French speakers more easily, the ultimate starting point for good communication.
The many dialogues, in which you yourself take on an active role, allow you to have short conversations, record them and then compare these with those of native speakers.
Every exercise provides feedback on errors and links to more information in clear reference pages.
A simple click on the text will give you an explanation of the word, or you can consult the comprehensive built-in dictionary.
The contrastive approach is unique: not only are all statements and explanations given in Dutch, but you will also learn how to avoid the typical and persistent interference errors. These are mistakes that are usually made due to the influence of the learner's mother tongue or of English.
Additionally, you can choose your learning path: either by following the progression of the sophisticated didactic structure, or by joining the module laterally according to your personal needs. Furthermore, you can choose to start from the exercises, or the theory – both are linked by a single mouse click.
In short, this is not a language course in the classic sense, it is not a traditional language course with standard written exercises or lessons. It is a modern, challenging, user-friendly, and above all effective language learning method!
In a nutshell:
• a fresh, modern, multimedia learning environment
• a combination of learning language and culture
• a wide variety of practice exercises in which the various skills are taught, including numerous sound files (recorded with native speakers), illustrations and photographs
• progressive didactic progression, with the ultimate goal of being able to communicate correctly in authentic, real-life situations at level A1 of the CEFR
• great flexibility: the learner can determine their own study path by choosing the communicative situations they need most. They can choose to focus mainly on the exercises or start by studying the theory
• the course is all-in-one, i.e. the basic course, the solutions to all the exercises, feedback, an educational dictionary, functional grammar, cultural background, thematic dictionaries, many audio clips ...