Learning new languages and new cultures via computer for beginners: Slovak for native speakers of Dutch (CEF-A1 + A2).
Authors: E. Krčméryová, H. Gevaert, M. Štefková & J. Rakšányiová (Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, SK)
Under revision. Temporarily unavailable.
Part of the series "[email protected] - Languages for Beginners" (coordination: A. Gelan, W. Clijsters, Hasselt University, BE)
"Slovaaks voor beginners NL-SK" is a downloadable e-learning module for PC (Windows, Internet Explorer), suitable for complete self-study or semi-autonomous learning (i.e. with support in face-to-face or via e-coaching).
In this e-learning module, you will learn how to communicate in day-to-day Slovak at level A1 and A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Along with the language, you will learn how the Slovaks live and communicate and how you yourself can easily make contacts in Slovakia.
A systematic structure by theme and a well thought-through didactic progression ensure that you will quickly be able to make yourself understood in Slovak.
Thanks to the many exercises with authentic audio clips in a natural speaking rhythm, you will be able to understand Slovak speakers more easily, the ultimate starting point for good communication.
The many dialogues, in which you yourself take on an active role, allow you to have short conversations, record them and then compare these with those of native speakers.
Every exercise provides feedback on errors and links to more information in clear reference pages.
A simple click on the text will give you an explanation of the word, or you can consult the comprehensive built-in dictionary.
The contrastive approach is unique: not only are all statements and explanations given in Dutch, but you will also learn how to avoid the typical and persistent interference errors. These are mistakes that are usually made due to the influence of the learner's mother tongue or of English.
Additionally, you can choose your learning path: either by following the progression of the sophisticated didactic structure, or by joining the module laterally according to your personal needs. Furthermore, you can choose to start from the exercises, or the theory – both are linked by a single mouse click.
In short, this is not a language course in the classic sense, it is not a traditional course with standard written exercises or lessons, but a modern, challenging, user-friendly, and above all effective language learning method!
In a nutshell:
• a fresh, modern, multimedia learning environment
• a combination of learning language and culture
• a wide variety of practice exercises in which the various skills are taught, including numerous sound files (recorded with native speakers), illustrations and photographs
• progressive didactic progression, with the ultimate goal of being able to communicate correctly in authentic, real-life situations at level A1 and A2 of the CEFR
• great flexibility: the learner can determine their own study path by choosing the communicative situations they need most. They can choose to focus mainly on the exercises or start by studying the theory
• the course is all-in-one, i.e. the basic course, the solutions to all the exercises, feedback, an educational dictionary, functional grammar, cultural background, thematic dictionaries, many audio clips ...